• 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Jack aus Maine möchte mit seiner 66er C2 Europa bereisen - Tipps?
Zitat:Original von Jack Panzica
This is a copy of a post I did not long ago on rebuilding a fuel pump on SB C2 cars up to 1966

If you like I will post more "How Fix" posts
Jack
PS Add One martini to the mix and you will not care so much about the work

Jack,

With such posts you're being promoted to the the "awesome dude" status in this forum huldigen. I would recommend you open a new thread in the C2 Technical Sub Forum for this. Contributions like this are more likely to be found there. https://www.corvetteforum.de/board.php?boardid=3&sid=

Martin
This is a copy of a post I did not long ago on rebuilding a fuel pump on SB C2 cars up to 1966

If you like I will post more "How Fix" posts

I have read many posts of members having problems with this simple rebuild and I can understand why.

I received the kit to repair my fuel pump. I used directions from an old Chilton's mid 60's corvette service manual for mid-years. If you follow directions, the job should only take a few minuets to do.

If you don't you can be cursing quite a bit on hooking the diaphragm arm on to the rocker arm.

So here is the first picture. I have put the rocker arm back in the upper body and attached the spring. I also have put together the lower body new gasket and new valves in kit.

Parts laid out

[Bild: Fuelpumprepairdone001.jpg]

This next step is the most important for hooking arm . You insert a screw driver as shown , that forces up the hook arm and keeps it up.

[Bild: Fuelpumprepairdone002.jpg]

Next, you put spring in body, line up diaphragm holes and rod, and press down on diaphragm until you hook arm. You can see what you are doing and you may want to put the pump in a vice so it does not move.

[Bild: Fuelpumprepairdone003.jpg]

It looks like this when hooked

[Bild: Fuelpumprepairdone004.jpg]

Next, use a clamp or vice to slowly push parts together so that you can start screws

[Bild: Fuelpumprepairdone005.jpg]

Important !

Do not tighten screw all the way, leave just enough room for diaphragm to move a bit between bodies.

Next Press in plunger to full flex and hold, while you tighten screws down.

Pump is now done and ready to go.

[Bild: Fuelpumprepairdone006.jpg]

My problem now is ,,,,,, do I want to take out the modern new pump and put back the correct one , with my chrome gas line.

I hope my pictures help....... A simple job if you have good directions....

Jack

PS Add One martini to the mix and you will not care so much about the work
Join the Corvette Vagabond Community
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
My website
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have been updating my map. PN me with your town and I will add it to the map. Once I have locations I can plan route through Germany , Austria, Switzerland .

I will be entering from the North heading to Italy (maybe) back through Alps to Germany, Austria etc.

It will be fun planning the route and meeting people and see their cars........

map link

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&ms...=5&vpsrc=6

If you want to be on visit list PN me. I will then have all information in this forum data base in case I loose my computer
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
My website
Hi Jack

Good going Dafür. A lot of people here are anticipating your visit.

Martin
Hi jack,

On your map is Nuernberg!!!

Let me see what we got for you here!

A big castle, many history about the second world war
Bratwurt, lebkuchen, hisoric old city

A apartment whit your one bathroom, breakfast, 63 splitwindow black,67 convertible red

So mybe alot of points to visit us!! You are just welcome in my town Nuernberg!!!

George
"$hit what a tight ryde dat iz" Yeeah!
Zitat:Original von george1199
Hi jack,

On your map is Nuernberg!!!

Let me see what we got for you here!

A big castle, many history about the second world war
Bratwurt, lebkuchen, hisoric old city

A apartment whit your one bathroom, breakfast, 63 splitwindow black,67 convertible red

So mybe alot of points to visit us!! You are just welcome in my town Nuernberg!!!

George

[SIZE=10]wunderbar[/SIZE]
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
My website
Zitat:Jack,

As Matthias pointed out, there are a couple of pitfalls you can fall into moneywise. One of the biggest is Cell Phone and Internet. If you carry an i-Phone in Europe and use your own SIM card with your personal phone number, calls will cost you a lot. The "roaming fee" of the telecom companies will add massive charges to your phone bill if you use it outside of the US. If you use the i-Phone's cell connection (3G, UMTS, EDGE etc.) to connect to the internet, these costs will sky rocket. There are two ways to avoid this:
1) Use free WLAN hotspots in Starbucks, some public places and of course the homes of all the people you're going to meet.
2) Do what Matthias mentioned: Buy a prepaid SIM card for your phone. But this will only save you money in the country it was issued. Once you cross the border to the next country, you'd have to do it all over again.

My advice: Use WLAN whenever possible, use Skype or another communication tool to make phone calls over the internet while you have free WLAN connection. Use the phone with your original SIM card only for emergencies, i.e. short phone calls and you're gonna be alright.

Hello Jack and the others,

wouldn´t it be the best, to get him a "prepaid" Telefone-Card like SIMIO (https://www.simyo.de/angebot/1b5e5531907...3godWydo9Q) or others and a "UMTS-Stick" with a monthly rate for EURO 24,95 or so for Jack´s Notebook here in Germany?
Option for the other Euro-country´s can be also booked and will cost EURO 4,99 for 7 days for the Phone.

Then he would pay only the normal cost´s here in Germany.

These two items can be reloaded with these Vouchers that you can get at Gas-station´s, Lidl or other Schopping-Malls.

If he needs a extra Handy/Cellular-phone, i have enough laying around here at home.

If he would getting started in Netherlands, he could pick it up the next day driving by on his way to Hamburg, because i live right near the Autobahn in Bremen/Brinkum.

With this Card´s these upcomming cost´s would have a countable number, right?

Sincerly
Friedel
[Bild: CCHHBanner2.jpg]
I would like to share with you a post from CorvetteForum in US. I had visited Jim on my 48 state trip and he has followed my adventures since then.

I have been posting on the US forum some of the videos that you have posted to my visit. Here is his comments on your road tour video

6T5RUSH;1580099987 schrieb:Jack,

That YouTube video you posted of, I believe, the German Corvette Club road tour was fabulous! If that doesn't get your adrenalin flowing ya' gotta' be dead! Sure was a pleasure leaning to the left and right as that big block cruised through the twisties there. What great scenery! You've got a lot of great driving to look forward to. Hat's off to whoever that was that took the video...well done and nicely edited. Liked the in and out of the scenery!
Are you sure you won't need a co-pilot on this trip? LOL! I'm sure folks here would jump at the chance.

I think it goes without saying we appreciate your willingness to document the trip itself as well as all the preparation and costs associated with making this work logistically. Will be a nice "blueprint" of how to do it. Good luck with acquiring sponsors to help defray the costs.

:thumbs:

Jim
In God We Trust!

My reply to Jim

I am offering daily , weekly rides in Europe....gotta pay for gas somehow......and my seat belts work..... animierte C4

Thanks for the encouragement.I will be posting my costs of the 48 state trip and projected costs of the European trip on the Europe post. You can follow the trail there. It is my hope to have a very simple blueprint for others to follow if they want to experience a driving vacation of a life time in Europe.Rates for shipping vary daily.... but there are many choices in ports to leave from...roll on roll off, containers etc. safety of car and contents. I will post options and costs.If all goes well on this trip...I will help put together a group trip next summer. I will have made hundreds of contacts on this trip and opportunities for trading homes and cars with Europeans could be fun and great way to see more of the world.....

In a Corvette !

Boy, this is going to be fun
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
My website
Good Afternoon,

I hope you enjoy these photos of my trip through Texas on my 48 state trip.
I met Jerry (tractor and ranch owner) 66 Maroon , like I will meet some of you, because of my post. I stayed on the Ranch for a few days and got to play with the cows. Texas is a very big state and would take a whole day and night to cross east to west.

What kind of hat do I wear in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Liechtenstein ? Prost!

[Bild: jeffARJerryAnnaTX035.jpg]

[Bild: jeffARJerryAnnaTX028.jpg]

[Bild: jeffARJerryAnnaTX037.jpg]

[Bild: jeffARJerryAnnaTX029.jpg]

Gitty up little dooggee

sung to Home on the Range Geiger
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
My website
What kind of hat do I wear in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Liechtenstein ? Prost!
Oh that's an easy one for Switzerland: It's called "Sennenkäppi". A "Senn" is a Mountain Cowboy and a "Käppi" is simply a hat.

Maartin

Angehängte Dateien Thumbnail(s)

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Problem mit UPS / Paket aus USA Chevyvette90 17 10.889 14.09.2021, 09:23
Letzter Beitrag: Tim11
  Actioncam fürs schnelle fahren ... Tipps und Erfahrungen gesucht knork 7 5.936 14.06.2018, 21:59
Letzter Beitrag: knork
  C6 60th Anniversary Modelle (2013) für Europa?? CheviBert 19 9.340 21.02.2018, 20:55
Letzter Beitrag: P.A.J.
  Tipps zum Überwintern der Vette Peter/Hamburg 33 22.006 04.12.2017, 08:18
Letzter Beitrag: Carpat
  Erfahrungen mit Vollkasko mit Werkstattbindung Pauli 14 7.861 05.10.2016, 12:14
Letzter Beitrag: Pragmatiker

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste
Forenübersicht
Technikforen
-- C 1 Technikforum
-- C 2 Technikforum
-- C 3 Technikforum
-- C 4 Technikforum
---- C4 ZR-1 Technikforum
-- C 5 Technikforum
---- C5 Z06-Technikforum