HELLO... Moving to Germany
Hi Blue Wasp,
Welcome! Are you planing to move here for good or just a few weeks? I took my car along when I moved from NY
to Bremen, I’ll be able to give you a few hints. BTW another new member --Nicklas-- from WI is looking to move to
Hanau. Feel free to ask, but there’s not much that will have to be changed to get your car street leagl.
Take care,
Axel
Keine privaten Nachrichten! Wer nicht zeitnah antwortet, Danke sagen kann, landet auf der Ignorierliste. Chips nur für Studiemzwecke und "Offroad use"- ohne Zulassung

I'll be there for 2 years or more... Depends on how long the contract lasts. I know at least one year.
Please write in english
well... i am not so good in speaking English... so i wrote in German Zwinkern

If u would like to make a new admission for the car, you have to change the tail-ligts, but if you only would drive the car with your american admission, you can leave anything original...

This is the like a Englishman driving his car in Germany... he must´nt reinstall his steering wheel on the right side...

I hope, you was able to understand me a lillte bit.... Engel
[Bild: banner_1.jpg]
I'm not sure what button allows me to quote a message but..
I think I'll have USA plates... Your english isn't bad...
Please write in english
Hi Bluewasp,
I’m pretty sure you’ll get a special permit to leave the tail lights as they are, it’s worthwhile to try, but you’ll have to
install a fog light at the back, but that’s no big deal. For the lighting system you’re always at the mercy of the official
technical inspection institution called ”TÜV”, these guys you’ll learn to hate!!!!
These guys are aspecially interested in your tires, they’ll have to be original GY or have to comply with Euro-standard,
those are usually marked with an --E1 or E2 in a circle--.
Furthermore you’ll have to get some documentation from GM-Germany, called Data-Sheet and incl. all details how
the car left the factory.
So long,
Axel
Keine privaten Nachrichten! Wer nicht zeitnah antwortet, Danke sagen kann, landet auf der Ignorierliste. Chips nur für Studiemzwecke und "Offroad use"- ohne Zulassung

Hi Robert,

I think it will be a great fun for you to drive a german autobahn with your Corvette. But remember: You will come to Germany in January for 6 weeks. This is wintertime in Germany and in some areas we will get a lot of snow. It will be better to come in spring or summer.

In our corvetteclub there are some members with original US-Corvettes. It´s no problem. When you visit Germany with your own cars only for a few weeks I think it´s not nessasary to go to the TÜV (technical cecking station).

I wish you a wonderful time in Germany and a lot of fun on our autobahn.

Best wishes
Jochen
[Bild: cch-logo.jpg][Bild: logovette.gif] Wieviel PS? [Bild: jochen.gif] AUSREICHEND! [Bild: osc-1111.jpg][Bild: gtc26.gif]
The head lights will have to have the same ID# E1 or E2, which you’ll find head on on the glass. Mine had the sealed
beam standard lights, those you can forget! Some Vette owners in USA changed their headlights because of better
lighting, you’ll just have to check you’re glass for the ID, that’s what the TÜV is going to do as well. I paid about $50.00
for both in 1995. They're might be even cheaper in the US, just look out for the code.

BTW where are you from exactly?

Axel

What ??? Hanau ? - My City where i live, where i was born ? - u move to my city ?!!!

!!!! GREAT !!!!

Jumping Yeeah!

btw: Welcome to the german Corvette Forum

P.S: how to quote a message: look above the box where u write the responses. You see there a lot of buttons . The 8th button from left is it ("the letter with the red arrow)
so for example:
1. highlight the sentence u want. (u can find all responses wich have been already written before, when u scroll down [under the " response box"]
2. copy it into the box where u r writing ur answer (strg+c and strg+v)
3. highlight the senctene in the box again
4. push the button i mentioned

P.P.S. sorry for my bad english Großes Grinsen

Mike from Hanau
Grüße aus Berlin
Mike
G-day Robert,

welcome to the .de forum. Hallo

I found the following and more about driving in Germany here.

“You can bring your own car to Germany without paying customs tax on it, with some preconditions: the car has been in your possession for six months and Germany must be your current place of residence. But importing by ship is expensive and the bureaucracy time-consuming. If you plan on being in Germany for under one year, an international or foreign vehicle registration translated in German is sufficient. However, you must subsequently apply for a German registration, and the TÜV, a vehicle monitoring institution, must inspect the car. And finally the auto must be insured………”

Anyway, I would wait until spring to start driving ur GS-vette in Germany because of that snow and nasty salt everywere…….. Kopfschütteln

I’m sure you’ll gonna have a great time over there in my good old ‘Vaterland’ huahua

Cheers, Prost!
Andreas
Prost!

Hi robert,
I was living in CA for a while where I met my wife and bought my LT4. I took both home to Germany.
How long do you want to stay in Germany? You can run your car with US plates over here for one year max. So did I. So you have enough time to find a "nice" TÜV station ( compareable to the DMV ) to figure out what you have to do in order to make your car " gemany legal ".
I found the right place - it took me a while - and I didn`t alter anything..
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me at : info@muetecs.com

Cya.

Ulf
ulf
1996 Collector Edition LT-4, silber/rot
Grand Sport wheels/tires,4.10:1 Differential,Z07 Stabis,F45 RTD,Z51 Fahrwerk,K&N Filter,Viper 800ESP Alarm,160 Thermo.,Hypertechtuning, Airfoil,Beamplates,LED-Heckleuchten,CORSA usw.

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste
Forenübersicht
Technikforen
-- C 1 Technikforum
-- C 2 Technikforum
-- C 3 Technikforum
-- C 4 Technikforum
---- C4 ZR-1 Technikforum
-- C 5 Technikforum
---- C5 Z06-Technikforum
-- C 6 Technikforum