Corvetteforum Deutschland
Jack aus Maine möchte mit seiner 66er C2 Europa bereisen - Tipps? - Druckversion

+- Corvetteforum Deutschland (https://www.corvetteforum.de)
+-- Forum: Other Vette-Stuff (https://www.corvetteforum.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Wer weiß was (https://www.corvetteforum.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thema: Jack aus Maine möchte mit seiner 66er C2 Europa bereisen - Tipps? (/showthread.php?tid=52062)

- Mikey - 02.08.2012

In order to judege how many days you need to calculate for customes I think it will be best to contact customs over here with some detailed data about the shipping and best with data for shipping the car back so that you can stat clearly that you will keep the car and not sell it over here. Guess someone from Hamburg or Bremerhaven should possibly assist locally.

- fsahm - 02.08.2012

Hello,

the 26th of August is a sunday, right?

So someone has to pick him up at the airport of Hamburg, spend him a room for overnight standing and drive him on monday-morning to Bremerhaven, to clear the Vette thru customs.

Is there someone from the Hamburg-Bremen area to take care of this?

We´re (Elke and i and some more members of our Corvette-Club-Hamburg) not in Germany at this date, because we have a vacation-trip in the Dolomiti´s in Italy (driving the Passo´s) for two weeks.

I hope, there will be someone to find in or around Hamburg.

Ciao
Friedel

- Yankeededandy - 02.08.2012

Muss Jack Sprachprobleme befürchten, wenn er mit einem Stapel Papiere beim Zoll auftaucht um sein Auto auszulösen? Grübeln Wenn es nicht so weit weg wäre, würde ich ihn begleiten.

Jack: I'm sure we'll find someone who can help you out with this. Stay tuned.

Martin

- Dragonheart64 - 02.08.2012

Das ist wahrscheinlich so wie in der Schweiz Martin, kommt auf den netten Beamten an...

Hi Jack, great to see, that your journey has begun! Unfortunately its to far away, i cant you pick up in Hamburg, sry. Hope, you get no problems with the 100% "correct" german officials.

Regards from Porsche and Mercedes country Feixen

Robert

- chevyunger - 02.08.2012

Hallo Jack,
erstmal auf deutsch nachfolgend der link für die Einfuhr von Fahrzeugen in die EU (Zoll)
Der Zoll sollte daher nicht sehr viel Zeit in Anspruch nehmen. Du musst Dir aber ein ovales "USA" Kennzeichen mitbringen und leider an Dein Auto kleben.

in english:

Hi Jack,
here is the link to german customs for temporary car import to Europe. If you are not citizen of the EU, you are able to import a car for persona, temporary (6 month)use without paying any duty. But you have to sign the car with nationality-sign ("USA") before entering germany.
Seems not to difficult.

CU
Matthias

- Yankeededandy - 02.08.2012

Zitat:Original von chevyunger
But you have to sign the car with nationality-sign ("USA") before entering germany.
Seems not to difficult.

CU
Matthias

It's just a sticker that has to be attached to the rear of the car.

- chevyunger - 02.08.2012

@ Yankeededandy

Dank für die Unterstützung!

Updated map - Jack Panzica - 03.08.2012

Hello all,

Here is an updated map.....I should start from Bremerhaven Germany on the 30th of August....heading north , Denmark, ferry, Oslo, possible show on 3rd..at a hotel in Norway, Trondheim, Oulu, Finland, Helsinki, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Malmo, ferry to Sassnitz, Germany and on to Berlin.

Should be quite a ride

I have checked flights and it seems to make sense to fly in on the 27th of August to Hamburg. I would leave Portland Maine at 1:30 pm go to NJ, change planes, leave NJ at 5:30 pm arrive Hamburg , Germany at 7:30 am.....on United Airlines from Newark, New Jersey...

Jack

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=217525988141263560502.0004c661d6ae05a8c9067&hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&vpsrc=1&z=4

Hallo an alle,

Hier ist eine aktualisierte Karte ..... ich sollte aus Bremerhaven Deutschland am 30. August beginnen .... in Richtung Norden, Dänemark, Fähre, Oslo, möglich Show am 3. .. in einem Hotel in Norwegen, Trondheim, Oulu, Finnland, Helsinki, Stockholm, Kopenhagen, Malmö, Fähre nach Sassnitz, Deutschland und weiter nach Berlin.

Sollte durchaus eine Fahrt sein

Ich habe Flüge überprüft und es scheint Sinn zu machen, fliegen in der 27. August nach Hamburg. Ich würde Portland Maine um 1:30 Uhr verlassen gehen Sie zu NJ, umsteigen, NJ verlassen um 5:30 Uhr ankommen Hamburg, Deutschland um 7:30 Uhr ..... auf United Airlines von Newark, New Jersey ...

Jack

- MrGreen - 03.08.2012

Zitat:Original von Yankeededandy
Muss Jack Sprachprobleme befürchten, wenn er mit einem Stapel Papiere beim Zoll auftaucht um sein Auto auszulösen? Grübeln Wenn es nicht so weit weg wäre, würde ich ihn begleiten.

Martin

Das kann schon Probleme geben. Viel wichtiger ist aber das sich seine Spedition darum kümmert und das Fahrzeug RECHTZEITIG und VORAB zur vorübergehenden Verwendung beim Zoll in D anmeldet!

- Jack Panzica - 05.08.2012

Zitat:Original von MrGreen
Zitat:Original von Yankeededandy

Martin

Das kann schon Probleme geben. Viel wichtiger ist aber das sich seine Spedition darum kümmert und das Fahrzeug RECHTZEITIG und VORAB zur vorübergehenden Verwendung beim Zoll in D anmeldet!

Ich werde mit meinem Absender überprüfen, um sicherzustellen, dass das Auto als für den persönlichen Gebrauch für 2 Monate deklariert wird während einer Tour durch Europa.

Vielen Dank für die Hilfe .... Ich will meine Papiere zu sein, um

Jack