Corvetteforum Deutschland
Jack aus Maine möchte mit seiner 66er C2 Europa bereisen - Tipps? - Druckversion

+- Corvetteforum Deutschland (https://www.corvetteforum.de)
+-- Forum: Other Vette-Stuff (https://www.corvetteforum.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Wer weiß was (https://www.corvetteforum.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thema: Jack aus Maine möchte mit seiner 66er C2 Europa bereisen - Tipps? (/showthread.php?tid=52062)

Corvette Race Team Le Mans 2013 - Jack Panzica - 28.06.2013

Hello & Bonjour to all,

While I am getting my car ready to go tomorrow to NJ to join the Vikings in the new world for the Lincoln Highway Tour send off, I thought you might like the warm up lap of Le Mans that I shot.

The Corvette Race Team cars are shown. Just click on the link

https://youtu.be/sL0nVWiVAxQ

- Porter - 28.06.2013

Like !

Großes Grinsen , ............

Corvette Race Team Le Mans 2013 - Jack Panzica - 30.06.2013

Here is the actual start of Le Mans shot by me 2013

Click on you tube link not picture for video..... full screen to get full effect of start

Jack

https://youtu.be/Vl-vgdSO3yU

- Jack Panzica - 07.07.2013

I had started out for NYC to join the Scandinavians in a send off of starting their Lincoln Highway Tour 2013.

As you recall, my pedal was heading left. Well about 3 miles away from home the pedal came off. Tow truck brought it back home and I was in my other car and off to NYC. I was fortunate not to have it break in the middle of CT or MA.

Once back home I took on the job of repairing the pedal. I ordered a new pivot rod and had it welded back on to pedal. The following pictures will give you an idea what it looks like to do the repair.

First you have to take out the seat and steering column 1/2 hour

[Bild: 1ClutchPedalRepair026_zpsef1e10dc.jpg]

You have to take off the clutch spring and cover along with the column hardware . You can see the column hole in firewall . Also notice the bolts that hold the master brake cylinder and two above hold the pedal assembly to firewall

[Bild: 2ClutchPedalRepair012_zpsd0470b30.jpg]

Column out complete , do not take apart , just pull out after removing under cluster supports.

[Bild: 3ClutchPedalRepair013_zps717170d6.jpg]

[Bild: 4ClutchPedalRepair014_zpseb0e9b63.jpg]

Parts laid out on table. column parts in order , pedal assembly

[Bild: 6ClutchPedalRepair021_zpsf84c99aa.jpg]

Broken pivot rod and replacement rod inserted in pedal

[Bild: 7ClutchPedalRepair017_zps1e6e3408.jpg]

[Bild: 5ClutchPedalRepair016_zps6335b957.jpg]

Original Capacitor for brake lights

[Bild: 8ClutchPedalRepair020_zpsa219b4c0.jpg]

Pedal installed into assembly

The bushings used are the plastic ones use also in the headlights and convertible top latch assembly. Just re grease and insert pedal pivot rod and re-clip

[Bild: 9ClutchPedalRepair022_zps26ecc629.jpg]

All done . Total time about 4 hours without rushing.

[Bild: 10ClutchPedalRepair028_zps891ba857.jpg]

But wait there is more !

Yes you can buy just the rod. It is about $15 from Zip vs $70-85 for complete pedal, without pin plate for clutch rod.

The rod as you can see has a machined end that is rectangular. Mine broke off after 150.000 miles , as I replaced the rod 35 years ago. They are only good for 150,000 miles.

I ground off the weld spot down to pedal surface. Just popped out piece of rod still in pedal. The stamped slot in pedal was perfect with no distortion.

If the pedal is bent or the slot is distorted, I would have gotten a new pedal. The rod is a press fit and I gently hammered it in to butt up against pedal.

Unfortunately , they machined the slot for the clip about 1/8 " to close to pedal. When you butt the rod against pedal for maximum strength and put the pedal back in the assembly, the clip slot can not be seen , not allowing the clip to be put back on.

So you have to back it out about until you can see the slot to clip. When you do this, the rod barrel is 1/16 " + away from flush with pedal, allowing the flexing of shaft over time , leading to breakage. Since I will be dead long before it breaks , I did not machine the clip slot out 1/8 ".

They must be using the same dimensions from 35 years ago, and they were wrong then and are now....

Lincoln Highway-Tour 2013 teilzunehmen.

Wie Sie sich erinnern, war mein Pedal Position links. Nun etwa 3 Meilen weg von zu Hause das Pedal löste. Abschleppwagen brachte es nach Hause und ich war in meinem anderen Auto und ab zum NYC. Ich hatte das Glück nicht zu haben, es in der Mitte von CT-oder MA brechen.

Nach seiner Rückkehr nahm ich an der Aufgabe der Reparatur des Pedals. Ich bestellte eine neue Pivot-Stab und ließ es geschweißt wieder auf die Pedale zu treten. Die folgenden Bilder geben Ihnen einen Eindruck, wie es um die Reparatur zu tun sieht.

Zuerst müssen Sie nehmen Sie den Sitz und die Lenksäule 1/2 Stunde

Sie haben, um aus dem Kupplungsfeder und decken zusammen mit der Spalte Hardware. Sie können die Spalte Loch in Firewall. Beachten Sie auch die Schrauben, die den Hauptbremszylinder und zwei oben halten halten Sie das Pedal Assembly Firewall

Column heraus vollständig, nicht auseinander nehmen, ziehen Sie einfach nach dem Entfernen unter Cluster unterstützt.

Parts legte auf dem Tisch. Spalte Teile in Ordnung, Pedalbaugruppe

Zerbrochen Drehstab und Ersatz Stange in Pedal eingesetzt

Original-Kondensator für Bremslichter

In Montage installiert Pedal

Die Buchsen verwendet werden, sind solche aus Kunststoff verwenden, auch in den Scheinwerfern und Verdeck Riegelbaugruppe. Gerade wieder bestreichen und Pedal Drehstab und Re-Clip

Alles erledigt. Insgesamt benötigte Zeit: ca. 4 Stunden, ohne zu hetzen.

[B] Aber es gibt noch mehr warten! [/ B]

Ja, Sie können kaufen, nur die Stange. Es ist etwa 15 $ von Zip vs $ 70-85 für eine vollständige Pedal, ohne Stiftplatte für Kupplung Stange.

Die Stange wie Sie sehen können hat eine bearbeitete Ende, das rechteckig ist. Bergwerk brach nach 150,000 Meilen, wie ich die Stange ersetzt vor 35 Jahren. Sie sind nur gut für 150.000 Meilen.

Ich abgeschliffen den Schweißpunkt auf Oberfläche Pedal. Nur herausgesprungen Stück Stab noch in Pedal. Die gestanzten Schlitz im Pedal war perfekt ohne Verzerrungen.

Wenn das Pedal verbogen oder der Schlitz verzerrt ist, würde ich ein neues Pedal bekommen haben. Der Stab ist eine Presspassung und ich sanft gehämmert es in den Hintern gegen Pedal.

[B] Leider bearbeitet sie den Schlitz für den Clip über 1/8 "zu schließen in die Pedale treten. Wenn Sie die Stange gegen Pedal für maximale Stärke Hintern und legte das Pedal wieder in der Montage, der Clip-Steckplatz nicht gesehen werden kann, nicht so dass der Clip wieder auf. [/ B] gestellt werden

Also muss man es wieder heraus, bis Sie über den Schlitz zu Clip sehen kann. Wenn Sie dies tun, die Stange Lauf 1/16 ist "+ entfernt bündig mit Pedal, so dass die Biegung der Welle im Laufe der Zeit, was zu einem Bruch. Da werde ich tot sein, lange bevor es bricht, habe ich nicht in der Maschine der Clip-Steckplatz heraus 1/8 ".

Sie müssen mit den gleichen Abmessungen von 35 Jahren, und sie waren falsch und dann sind jetzt ....

- Yankeededandy - 07.07.2013

Oh boy,

Jack is working on his birthday. I hope you had at least time to blow out the candles and eat the cake. Anyway, thanks for posting another interesting "how to".

Martin

welding photos - Jack Panzica - 11.07.2013

I found the photos of the welding of the pivot rod to the Clutch pedal. Special thanks to Cottage Road Service Center, in South Portland , ME for the weld. Dan did the work. I take my regular cars to them and my corvette for special projects that require a lift or welding.

Parts on welding table

[Bild: 7ClutchPedalRepair017_zps1e6e3408.jpg]

[Bild: Clutchwelding008_zps3111ffdf.jpg]

[Bild: Clutchwelding007_zpsa30ea58b.jpg]

Dan ready to fire up the welder

[Bild: Clutchwelding009_zpsad5f1272.jpg]

[Bild: Clutchwelding011_zps8bb67ece.jpg]

[Bild: Clutchwelding017_zpsf00800ea.jpg]

Put back in pedal assembly

[Bild: Clutchwelding020_zps67b72dba.jpg]

Dan with finished assembly

[Bild: Clutchwelding018_zpscde37ef5.jpg]

- Jack Panzica - 12.07.2013

Here are some of the cars traveling across the US . Enjoy the photos and the look for posts for location of hotels in the cities on the route posted above.

I met them in NJ for the send off, as you know my clutch pedal broke and I had to drive to NY in a modern AC car. I was presented with the Norway Corvette Club award for Valor.....living and staying with them in Norway and for posting on the Norway Corvette Forum.

Here is a quick calender of the Lincoln Highway Tour 2013

Jul 1: Secaucus NJ/New York
Jul 2-4: Gaithersburg, MD
Jul 4-5: Pittsburgh, PA
Jul 5-6: Canton, OH
Jul 6-8: Fort Wayne, IN
Jul 8-10: Chicago/Alsip, IL
Jul 10-11: Cedar Rapids, IA
Jul 11-12: Ames, IA
Jul 12-13: Columbus, NE
Jul 13-14: North Platte, NE
Jul 14-19: Cheyenne, NE, Denver, CO
Jul 19-20: Evanston, WY
Jul 20-21: Salt Lake City, UT
Jul 21-22: West Wendover, NV
Jul 22-23: Ely, NV
Jul 23-24: Reno, NV
Jul 24-25: South Lake Tahoe, CA
Jul 25-26: Sacramento, CA
Jul 26-29: Oakland/San Francisco, CA

Telephone number to reach them, for location stays. Harry Harbakk is president of Corvette Club of Norway and will answer 1 239-450-5783 Tell him Jack sent you .

[B]By clicking this link you will go to a slide show with all the cars ....

[Bild: 9270350614_9b16bfd28b.jpg]
Viking Cars on display 103 by CorvetteVagabond, on Flickr

Thinking Verlassen Ihrer Corvette, um Ihre Kinder? Denken Sie noch einmal, nachdem er das! - Jack Panzica - 14.07.2013

Was bekommen Sie, wenn Sie Ihr Auto verlassen, um Ihre Kinder? Sie erhalten eine wunderbare Zeitmaschine. Ich sehe mich vor 43 Jahren durch meinen Sohn. [/ B]

Jung und mit einer Corvette ..... ps ich noch Gas in den Tank zu setzen!

Yeeah!

Adam und Freund Emily

[B]What do you get when you leave your car to your children ? You get a wonderful time machine. I see myself 43 years ago through my son.

Young and with a Corvette..... ps I still have to put gas in the tank !

:party:

Adam and friend Emily

[Bild: IMG_4371_zps4ecd6886.jpg]

[Bild: IMG_4373_zps46beb121.jpg]

[Bild: IMG_4376_zps6b3e6d07.jpg]

I stopped by to visit Mike03 - Jack Panzica - 14.07.2013

Mike03 aus Ihrem Forum wurde in New England gereist und ich besuchte ihn auf einem Campingplatz in der Nähe von Portland, Maine. Er war in einem Wohnmobil, Reisen mit Anke und seinem Sohn Marc. Hier sind ein paar Fotos zu genießen. Am nächsten Tag wurde er in Freeport, Maine Überschrift bei LL Bean Shop, dann weiter nach Rockland und Arcadia Nationalpark.

Michael is very prepared for trip with a guide book he made

[Bild: IMG_4369_zps7df4577e.jpg]

Marc helping out with dinner

[Bild: IMG_4367_zpsda6f0399.jpg]

Anke laughing at all of us

[Bild: IMG_4370_zpseb7e7033.jpg]

Time to eat, drink and be merry. It was great meeting this family !

[Bild: IMG_4366_zps0efae663.jpg]

Corvette Vagabond tries out new 2014 Shark - Jack Panzica - 21.07.2013

My new ride, and I still can miss a shift. Click on link

Meine neue Fahrt, und ich kann immer noch vermisse eine Verschiebung. Klicken Sie auf den Link

https://youtu.be/7JgUyy6keVc