Corvetteforum Deutschland
Jack aus Maine möchte mit seiner 66er C2 Europa bereisen - Tipps? - Druckversion

+- Corvetteforum Deutschland (https://www.corvetteforum.de)
+-- Forum: Other Vette-Stuff (https://www.corvetteforum.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Wer weiß was (https://www.corvetteforum.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thema: Jack aus Maine möchte mit seiner 66er C2 Europa bereisen - Tipps? (/showthread.php?tid=52062)

Saturday Night Cruise Nuremberg - Jack Panzica - 16.01.2013

I thought I would share this post on the American Corvette Forum

Jack

kawils2;1582847973 schrieb:Haven't been on the Forum for a while. Followed your 48 state tour, but didn't realize you were doing (did) a Northern Europe tour. :cool:

Read all the posts this weekend. I've been to many of the places you travelled (spent in total over a year travelling throughout Europe, in many different cars but never a Corvette of my own or anyone elses) and you are so right about how friendly and interested most people in Europe are about America and Americans, politics, cars etc. It's always been an affirming adventure every time I've gone.

Thanks for sharing.

Hi, yes it was quite a trip. A little too aggressive (22 year old mind, 46 year old car, 65 year old man) (lots of conflict) in amount of people and places that I visited, but my goal was to see as much as possible for a possible return this summer.

To owners out in Corvette Land, The market for American Cars 50"s to 70"s, and newer Corvette models, depending on country taxes, is growing tremendously. Don't ignore calls from Europe about your car if you are selling. Scandinavia leads the way with Germany following. The Europeans , like Americans, are in love with the muscle car era . On my website, I show more pictures of the Sat. Night Cruise , in Nuremberg Germany. More then 250 cars showed up, for this event, Germany TV was there , and I was fortunate to be guest of honor. Most owners were dressed in 50's clothes, and American Graffiti was playing on the big screen, except, the promoter had shot scenes with local car guys and spliced them in the movie. It was very funny to be watching the movie and when they cut to a close up , instead of Susan Summers in the T Bird, you would see a local blonde.

Yes , most Europeans have an affinity for America.

Jack

Special Thanks to Thomas Engelhardt and Promoter Marcus Mühlbauer for inviting me to Nuremberg

[Bild: carshownurenberg154_zps7fbff070.jpg]

[Bild: carshownurenberg155_zpsf5ee839a.jpg]

[Bild: redcarpet2_zps61b84da2.jpg]

[Bild: redcarpet13_zps862ffc06.jpg]

[Bild: carshownurenberg075_zpsaa93da9f.jpg]

[Bild: carshownurenberg037_zps34700dca.jpg]

[Bild: carshownurenberg007_zps69d6577a.jpg]

[Bild: carshownurenberg003_zps49237fda.jpg]

[Bild: carshownurenberg165.jpg]

Update of Corvette Vagabond Journey photos - Jack Panzica - 17.01.2013

I have added photos from Finland to my http://www.corvettevagabond.com website.

Here are a few samples. I will be adding more as the weeks go by.

Thanks for all the great memories Großes Grinsen

[Bild: LaundryFinland001.jpg]
[Bild: IMG_1148.jpg]
[Bild: HelsinkiGroovayFriday028.jpg]
[Bild: HelsinkiGroovayFriday024.jpg]
[Bild: HelsinkiGroovayFriday018.jpg]
[Bild: FinlandSmokeSuana164.jpg]
[Bild: FinlandSmokeSuana051.jpg]
[Bild: FinlandSmokeSuana030.jpg]
[Bild: FinlandSmokeSuana020.jpg]
[Bild: Finlandothersphotos071.jpg]

2012 48 State Trip USA - Jack Panzica - 18.01.2013

Es ist wirklich kalt heute in Maine. Ich dachte, es würde Spaß machen, re-post viele der Fotos von meiner 48 Zustand Reise, wie ich arbeite auf dem Buch / TV-Projekt.

Betrachtet man sie, bringt wieder viele schöne Erinnerungen, einige gute, einige schlechte, aber alles aufregend! Ich werde täglich mehrere posten für die nächsten paar Wochen, als ich von kleineren Fußchirurgie erholt bin.

Ich hoffe, Sie genießen und wenn Sie einige interessante Fotos oder Videos von meinem Besuch bei Ihnen oder Ihrer Veranstaltung haben, lassen Sie es mich wissen.

Ich bin weiterhin Fotos in der Europäischen 2012 Tour am https://www.corvettevagabond.com hinzufügen

Sommer kommt bald, Sonnenaufgang um 7:02 in Maine heute.

It is real cold today in Maine. I thought it would be fun to re-post many of the photos from my 48 state trip, as I work on the book / TV project.

Looking at them, brings back many great memories, some good, some bad, but all exciting ! I will post several daily for the next few weeks, as I am recovering from minor foot surgery.

I hope you enjoy them and if you have some interesting photos or video of my visit to you or your event, let me know.

I am continuing to add photos to the European 2012 Tour at https://www.corvettevagabond.com

Summer is coming soon, sunrise at 7:02 in Maine today.

Jack

[Bild: BigSurtoSantaClarita007.jpg]
[Bild: BigSurtoSantaClarita029.jpg]
[Bild: BigSurtoSantaClarita035.jpg]
[Bild: BigSurtoSantaClarita077.jpg]
[Bild: BigSurtoSantaClarita129.jpg]
[Bild: Bobbehlmantahoe010.jpg]
[Bild: Bobbehlmantahoe012.jpg]
[Bild: BobHanneman003.jpg]
[Bild: BobHanneman005.jpg]
[Bild: BobHanneman008.jpg]

- Porter - 18.01.2013

Zitat:I hope you enjoy

I/We do OK!

Hallo-gruen , ............

- Markstingray - 18.01.2013

Hi Jack,

it is always a pleasure following your experiences. I like your humor Prost!

- Jack Panzica - 18.01.2013

Zitat:Original von Markstingray
Hi Jack,

it is always a pleasure following your experiences. I like your humor Prost!

So , you like my humor, well, take 10 more for that !

[Bild: BobHanneman010.jpg]
[Bild: Brazztlockwoodtahoe001.jpg]
[Bild: Brazztlockwoodtahoe055.jpg]
[Bild: Brazztlockwoodtahoe056.jpg]
[Bild: car005.jpg]
[Bild: carfixgigharbor004.jpg]
[Bild: CoSpringsandTomHoppunerOKride001.jpg]
[Bild: CoSpringsandTomHoppunerOKride035.jpg]
[Bild: DonLoweMichigan024.jpg]

48 State Tour 2012 - Jack Panzica - 19.01.2013

Here are a few more photos. Utah, Arkansas , MO, Washington

[Bild: garyparkcity011.jpg]
[Bild: gigharbor109.jpg]
[Bild: gigharbor112.jpg]
[Bild: JacksStumpRanchVisit.jpg]
[Bild: JacksStumpRanchVisit4.jpg]
[Bild: JasonLoweMedium.jpg]
[Bild: jeffARJerryAnnaTX001.jpg]
[Bild: jeffARJerryAnnaTX007.jpg]
[Bild: jeffARJerryAnnaTX016.jpg]
[Bild: jeffARJerryAnnaTX021.jpg]

Update of Corvette Vagabond Journey photos - Jack Panzica - 20.01.2013

As I wait for the Patriots / Ravens football game on TV later, I thought I would add more photos of my trip to the http://www.corvettevagabond.com website. The area covered is southwest France, Brittany, Normandy, Paris and beyond. More Germany to come.

Here are a few samples

[Bild: ZR14.jpg]
[Bild: RacecarNagaro12.jpg]
[Bild: ParistoNormandy029.jpg]
[Bild: ParistoNormandy027.jpg]
[Bild: ParisArchChampdeEllysse29.jpg]
[Bild: BrittanyCCFRally87.jpg]
[Bild: BrittanyCCFRally72.jpg]
[Bild: AlecOleronlunch4.jpg]
[Bild: 16thcentHouseParis13.jpg]
[Bild: 1RaymondBelgiumNotreDameAiems0296.jpg]

What do you think of this statement? - Jack Panzica - 22.01.2013

I would like to re post part of a reply to me on my https://www.corvettevagabond.com/ website from a Europepan C2 owner , on the European Corvette forum. He is now in Fla. at the NCRS event and Mecums , taking in American car culture.

" On your homepage you wrote about the European:"

"...their kinship towards American muscle cars and the iconic Corvette was similar, but different than in the U.S."

" I'd like to know what's exactly the difference?"

I wrote back to him explaining some of my opinions based on my experiences. He wrote back. Speaking about the difference , using my trip as an example.

(he is speaking about Europe , it could be any of the countries I visited)

"And, in my opinion, it was that courage "state of mind" makes the USA so special that time. (50's-70's) In my childhood people had more fear and it was a bit boring.

"Before a big project (like your EU-trip)"

" Many Europeans would asking, what all could go wrong if they do this."

"The US people asking, what all they would miss," " if they don't do it."

Makes me think about America and gives me some insight on how countries/people people view us.

Jack

ps drive your car , it will love you for it

- Porter - 22.01.2013

I can´t get a clue on it, probably because it´s already 23:30 ET (german time) or what these
severale spanish Brandy´s in my brain did ....,
but what you did tops everything that political ambassadors can do in my opinion.

I find it great what you did in the US (State trip) and what you did in EU, that´s more what
I appriciate than people who buy a Land Rover or Cruiser and "travel" through Africa .... I ha.. aah know some of these.

Hallo-gruen , ...........

PS: too snowy to drive classic vettes Heulen

Don´t drink and write <- that´s for me :-)